Thursday, May 8, 2008

Bright Days, Stupid Nights

It's a good life. (Reference Bixby's awesome short story by the same name, though actually I'm being truthful.)

Two three-day weekends in a row. Saturday, spent the night out on the town in Seoul, chatting up a gay newlywed couple from Amsterdam until 3:30 in the morning, then hitting a few more spots (including a front stoop for a Heineken) and finally crashing at a friend's apartment at around 7am. Got up like 3 hours later to head out to a Buddhist street festival, learned how to make origami(?) lotus flowers. Very fun.

This weekend, heading to the beautiful old capital of Korea, Gyeongju. Renting bicycles and tooling around, looking at all the traditional buildings while keeping our eyes peeled (gross) for monks celebrating Buddha's birthday. Anyone know how old he is these days?


What're you doing with spring?

[P.S. I have no right to use those images. I'll replace them with my own photos asap.]

1 comment:

Jenna said...

I'm so jealous. JEE LOUS that you can make those. and I can't.