Thursday, May 22, 2008

T Minus 14 Days

I really want to go to the Netherlands. It's got so much going for it--renewable energy, legal gay marriage, legal whatnot (Amsterdam, need I say more?), being part of Europe...

Instead, I'm going to Beijing, China in 2 weeks! Just got the visa earlier this week. 9 days of checking out the Great Wall and China itself. I've already learned my first Chinese character--you put the character for Boy right next to the character for Girl and it's the character for Happiness. (I wanted to ask what putting two men together would be, but I didn't have the nerve, since I was talking to my boss.) And when I say I learned it, I mean I have it written down somewhere.

In other news, I'm going to be in Beijing for 9 days starting 14 days from now!

1 comment:

Hops said...

I was really hoping you'd take this rare opportunity to use one of my fave words: fortnight.

Now I'm just disappointed in you.