Thursday, January 3, 2008

Poet Busted with a Giant Coffee

Feeling down? Need a quick pick me up? Try the fabulous, world-famous taste sensation, COFFEE. Wonderful feelings will course through your veins soon after imbibing of this sweet energy nectar. Just one sip will have you licking your lips. Just one cup will have you...heading for the bathroom?

Sorry, I was searching for a rhyme there and I failed miserably.

I'm back on the coffee, though. That's right, "on" "the" coffee. It's a drug, and I'm making no bones about it.

I didn't drink it for a while, but then I decided that I love it and there's no good reason to stop drinking it. I'm great at rationalizing things like that. It's how I always finish abstaining.

Feeling down emotionally? Need a quick eye-opener? Maybe a better perspective? Check out Brian Andreas' website, or better yet, one of his books. He reminds me of Damian Webber, that famous Buffalo poet who wrote such classics as:

The Microwave

How does that thing not give you cancer?

and:

Look Down

You're not going
to talk to
any of them,
anyway.

I do like short poems like that. Easier than a long poem to understand, easier than a long poem to subject your friends to.

One more thing I wanted to mention in this random collection of thoughs for the day: I'm a huge fan of facebook's new bookshelf application. Normally I think facebook is mostly stupid, but I love books and I love knowing what my friends are reading.

I also love the sticker application, which I suppose ties in with loving short, easy-to-understand poems. Check out bustedtees.com to a bunch of funny t-shirts, akin to the funny stickers.

3 comments:

Hops said...

The last time I really enjoyed a cup of coffee was with you and Bailey's Irish Cream.

I'm also having a craving for calamari.

Unknown said...

Son of a gun, you aren't letting me comment "anonymously" so I have no idea what's oging to come up in connection with my google account. :P

One of my favorite poems, by Beau Sia:

in the shower
i notice that the other swimmers
have a few inches on me.

i am the greatest writer of all time!


I do the same thing with my lovely diet dr pepper -- I'm repeatedly weaning myself off caffeine, only to run back with open arms. 'Cause life is just better caffeine-high.

Thanks for stopping by. I'll come back to you when I'm not rushing off to work. Also, I will try to take some zombie-themed pictures this weekend... I apologize for the oversight & disappointment. :)

Unknown said...

Ha, and I went and didn't sign my comment fo realz. Though there is, entertainingly, a really old picture of me as avatar.

--zombie z