Thursday, December 20, 2007

in today's episode of Hogwan...




Tom works upstairs with my brothers Brandon and Patrick. I often go up there to see if my brothers want to walk home together.

--Brandon: We're taking a cab. There's no room for you. What're you making me for dinner?
--Me: Uh..tofu?
--Brandon: It better be crispy.
--Me: I just had fried food yesterday, so I'm not going to batter it or anything...
--Brandon: Of course not.
--Tom: You're going super-healthy today!
--Me (walking out of office): I don't know. I just don't want to eat fried food two days in a row.
--Tom (following me to the elevator): It's not like batter's that unhealthy.
--Me: I completely disagree.
--Tom: Bread's not that bad for you.
--Me: Batter's not bread.
--Tom: What's the difference? Just some yeast.
--Me: And trans-fatty acids.
--Tom: ...
--Me: I mean, not acids. Fat.
--Tom: I've been cooking my whole life. You trying to tell me I don't know what healthy is?
--Me: You cooking your whole life is not going to convince me that batter is healthy.
--Tom (elevator doors closing, him out, me in) : I'm not trying to say it's healthy. I'm just saying... (stop the elevator door with my foot) Carbohydrates are good for your brain.
--Me: They may be good for your brain, but batter is not healthy.
--Tom: No. They're good for your brain.
--Me (letting go of elevator door): OK.
--Tom: Batter's not so bad.
--Me: OK, Tom.
(elevator door closes)
(end scene)

No comments: