Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Red, Reading, Will Reed

I was recently disturbed by Zeitgeist, the movie about the three interrelated topics of religion, 9/11, and the US Federal Reserve Bank. I'd like to be blase on this one and act like I knew everything that movie had to tell me, but I really didn't. Straight through, I was pretty wide-eyed.

I recommend watching it. (Just don't take it as gospel. Obviously.)

This is totally different from how I also recommend She's The Man.

I just finished reading Rubbish by Richard Girling. I don't recommend it. I'll let you know where it takes me, though. It was about on the same level as The Green Book by Elizabeth Rogers and Thomas M. Kostigen. The Green Book at least had the benefits of being very short and packed full of easily applicable tips.

Now I'm back to the hilariously titled Fiasco: The American Military Adventure In Iraq, by Thomas E. Ricks. I've got to struggle through this mammoth tome in time for the election. At some point, I'll have a few pages of quotes, a distillate of the book so you don't have to read it--let me know if you're interested in receiving them.

And now I'm reading my students' essays. They continue to be the bane of my existence.

Peace.

No comments: