Friday, February 29, 2008

Reducing My Footprint

Because I hate plastic, I bought a Dunkin Donuts travel mug. (I include a link because I love their Korean advertisement, which you can watch on their site.)

I also took tupperware to the kimbop lunch place for the first time.

I have yet to figure out how to tell Paris Baguette not to wrap my pre-made, pre-wrapped sandwich. I can't really imagine cutting them out of my life. Paris Baguette is the best thing about South Korea.

Finally, I've been considering unplugging my fridge, because that's the number one electricity consumer in the average household. The only thing that wouldn't like it is the eggs. Besides which my fridge is built in and possibly impossible to unplug.

Hmm. If you have any ideas, they're welcome.

1 comment:

Hops said...

I'm a very big fan of the happy smile campaign that Korean DD is running. I think everyone should run such a campaign.

Unless you want to downgrade to a college dorm-style fridge, or else keep no food in there at all, I don't really see unplugging it to be feasible.

Footprint reducing ideas: turn the heat off when you leave the house and way down when you go to bed. Stop buying books; go to the library instead. Make your food at home instead of purchasing it pre-made. Become a locavore. Shop at goodwill. Take yourself off of all the junk mail lists. Plant a tree. Compost. Think about reducing and reusing before you think about recycling.