Thursday, April 10, 2008

119 Days To Go

My desire to live in Buffalo (because of many reasons including family ties) brings certain issues to the forefront.

1. I must have a place to live.
2. I must have a place to work.

How will I find an apartment when I'm 12,000 miles away?

Ditto for a job?

Hit the comments section with any tips. Vague is OK; specific is spectacular.

[Update: I've checked out BuffaloJobFinder.com and Monster.com. Looks promising, if I keep checking as August approaches. As for apartments, just found BuffaloApartments.com. I've looked for both on www.craigslist.org. Any other resources, offline as well as on?]

4 comments:

Hops said...

Maybe the Buffalo News has listings online.

In fact, now that I've checked, they do. See here.

Pawlie Kokonuts said...

You could always commute from here, ever-burgeoning Syracuse. Naw.

Jax said...

I am trying to find a job here in lovely Buffalo as well, it's not as easy as I first thought it was going to be.

Michael T said...

Hops--always a pleasure. Thanks for the help.

Olive--yeah, the job hunt in Buffalo can be pretty hard. Last summer, when I finally got a job at a pizza place (sweet!) they didn't feel the need to inform me that I'd get about one shift a week (sucky!). It looks like craigslist.org is a great resource, I'd check it out.

Pawlie--I was actually considering living in Syracuse. Since I don't have a car, the commute would be kinda hard... Thanks for the suggestion, though, ha.